Hello my little samurai kitties! As you may or may not know, IndieReCon (the conference dedicated to indie publishing) starts next week on Tuesday the 25th and run until Thursday the 27th. Each day will be packed with giveaways, chats, posts and fun, and yours truly will even be one of the guest presenters. Also the conference is totally free and even online! Last year the conference had over 10,000 visitors, and if that's not enough to convince you you need to register, here's a list of 15 more reason why IndieReCon is the place to be next week.
1. Keynote speakers JA Konrath and Barry Eisler are hosting a 2 hour chat to honestly answer any questions you have.
2. You'll find out how to face your fears and how to focus on your writing, being creative, and writing to your readers with Bob Mayer, Alicia Kat Vancil, Rashelle Workman, Susan Quinn, Orna Ross, CS Lakin, and Rachel Aaron.
3. You'll find out all the nitty gritty details on self-publishing basics like pricing, distribution, and formatting from top industry professionals like Miral Sattar, Peter Bowerman, Joel Friedlander, and The Passive Guy (David Vandagriff).
4. You'll build your marketing skills and publicity skills with KP Simmons (InkSlinger PR), David Gauthran, Lori Culwell, Micheal Alvear, Jim Kukral, Joanna Penn, Angela Ackerman, and Martha Carr.
5. You can chat with bestselling authors Chelsea Fine and Chelsea M. Cameron on how it is to be a hybrid author. In addition, you'll find out secrets (including information about audio books) from some bestselling indie authors that make up the Indelibles.
6. It's FREE!
7. There will be fun contests!
8. Since it's online, you can stay in your PJs and no one will bat an eye at you. =^.^=
9. There will be huge giveaways! Yeah... HUGE! (Hint - Begins with a KO and ends with a BO =^.^=)
10. You'll learn about awesome organizations that support indie authors including: KOBO, IndieReader, Shelf Unbound, Indelibles, Author Marketing Club, Alliance of Independent Authors, Goodreads, and Bibliocrunch.
11. You'll discover some great new indie authors to read.
12. There'll be a live podcast with the guys from Write Publish Repeat (Sean Platt, Johnny Truant, and Davide Wright)
13. Every single blog post, chat, vlog will be packed with all the information you need to help you on the self-publishing path.
14. IndieReCon will help you learn all the dirty secrets about the indie pubbing industry and help you succeed.
15. You'll find out tips in how to maximize your book exposure with leaders from Goodreads, Kobo, Smashwords, IndieReader, and Amazon.
So tell your friends, and I hope to see you there!